Sunday, August 1, 2010

Casual Beach Wedding

This time of year, as the hot summer days grow shorter, I always get to thinking of the beach. To honor that, I've created inspiration for a classic, casual beach wedding. For this inspiration board, I wanted to work with the natural colors of the beach by using white and different shades of blue as well as shells, sand, and nautical lanterns.

{click to enlarge}


How amazing are some of these details? Like this cake with chocolate shells, mini sections of picket fence and Adirondack chair toppers:

Absolutely incredible!

Or this beautiful bouquet of ribbon and sea shells:


I can't wait to be on vacation at the beach in just a few weeks; I just can't get it out of my head! I'm sure I will have more beach-inspired creations in the coming days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cake! Amazing! Even the sand detail, which I'm sure is raw sugar (they sell it at Williams Sonoma). Love your designs!

Amy @ BlowoutParty said...

That cake is amazing, but that bouquet blew me away! I've never seen anything like it! Gorgeous!

Donna said...

Wow! Was that a wedding bouquet? That looks so gorgeous and unique! I would want to have that one for my wedding, too! I'm now engaged to my fiancé, Bob, and we're planning to have a beach wedding anytime this year. I can't wait 'til that day comes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails