Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lovely Lavender

Spring is in full swing and we've got plenty of inspiration for the season!!

{click to enlarge}

In a strange way I enjoy making what I call "Hindsight Inspiration Boards" for past events when I have the time to find images of great details and put them together in a visual way. This seasonal wedding board is inspired both by my sister's Spring wedding a few years ago which had a French lavender theme as well as a stunning lavender party featured on Hostess with the Mostess. I love that white inadvertently became an accent color here.

Adorable lavender cupcakes

Lavender tea light favors found here

Other details: White rose, hydrangea, and purple bouquet, bridesmaids in sage, lavender bunch, paper lanterns on a sunlit porch, wedding cake with flowers and purple ribbon, lavender place setting, white vellum invitations, lavender flower wreath, bride in a white doorway, lavender bunch on white wicker bench.

I just love this color palette so much that I can't not share images from the Lovely Lavender theme party featured on Hostess with the Mostess, so enjoy!

Chocolate cake balls covered in lilac nonpareils....don't you love the choice of green liners to give the full lavender effect?

Check out this buffet!

Favors included lavender sachets, soaps, and spa items...

...Be sure to check out the links above to see more details of this fĂȘte fantastique!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Where did the cute little container that houses all the lavender favours come from. I would love to get my hands on one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails